Thursday, February 10, 2011

A day at the beach!



I spent the day at the beach with my daughters and my dear friend Kelly. We had a great time enjoying the waves, the sunshine and the sand at Duncan's Landing. After a picnic of sandwiches, snack mix and peanut butter and celery sticks we went exploring. Bekah found a trickle of water coming out of the rocks and thought that was just great. Bekah asked me if we could go home every 10 minutes. Of course I said, "NO, go play and enjoy the beach!!" Then we drove down the road to Salmon Beach (I think that is where we went). We pulled up and Bekah said, "This is the same beach we were just at!" It took me a bit to convince her that even though this beach did have sand, water and waves like the other one, it was in fact a different beach. Then she wanted to go to yet another beach. We decided instead to go to Scream'n Mimi's. They have super yummy homemade ice cream. Of course, as we were finishing up the ice cream, Bekah said she had to go potty-NOW! We had to run down the block, across the plaza and though Whole Foods Store. Hannah started shouting at the top of her lungs, "We need to go potty!" We did finally make it with out an accident. Yeah!














I enjoy spending time with my little girls and doing new things with them. Each day I see life through their eyes. The other day I saw such a sweet and kind side of Bekah. It made my heart melt. Awhile ago, when we were having really cold weather, I had noticed that Shonna's car had a thick layer of ice on the windows. I talked to the girls about doing kind things for others and I had gone out to scrap the ice off of her windows. Well, on monday, Bekah, Hannah and I had come down stairs and were eating breakfast. Bekah saw that Auntie Shonna's windows had ice on them. She asked me if I was going to go out and scrap her windshield. I'll admit, I really didn't want to go out in the cold. I wanted to stay in my nice warm house and drink my hot cocoa. But the look in my daughter's eyes convinced me that I had better go out and check the car. The ice was really thin and it would only take Shonna a minute to clean it off. I came in an explained that to Bekah. She gave me a shocked look and asked me, "Aren't you going to go clean off her car?" Still trying to get out of going back outside, I asked her if she was sure I really needed to. She assured me that I needed to do it right now. So I did! Shonna caught me in the act and we smiled over Bekah's kind heart. Bekah is looking out at the world and seeing things that she can do to make things better. She makes me a better mom and a better person every day.


Hannah, my baby girl, just makes me smile. Every day her funny grin lights up my heart and makes me laugh. Every day during her nap, Hannah has been getting into everything in her room. Today, I went to check on her. She was standing in the middle of her room, diapers covering the floor (many of them she had obviously tried on). She had her jammie pants around her ankles, no diaper on, a shirt and her dress coat with fur on the sleeves over that. She was just standing there with this huge grin on her face. I couldn't help but giggle while I helped her get dressed and tuck her into bed.

Oh how I love my sweet girls!

1 comment:

ksalas7977 said...

That was such a wonderful day! :)