Thursday, March 31, 2011

Fun messy activity

I have a fun book that has a lot of fun ideas for toddlers. One of the ideas was to put shaving cream on a tray and color it with paint or food coloring. We did this with the girls. I found out the hard way that the food coloring I used kind of stained my hands as well as the girls. Nice!

I love it when the girls are sweet to one another.



They were so excited to do something new and fun.

Hannah is my super clean girl. She doesn't like to get her hands dirty, ever. It took some convincing to get her to stick her hands in the shaving cream. After quite some time she really started to have fun.


I think the best thing that we did was practice letters. I would draw a letter with a spatula (had to keep my hands clean so I could take pictures). Bekah really enjoyed getting to make letters.




The girls had a lot of fun playing in the shaving cream.


I put an art shirt on Hannah. I forgot to put one on Bekah. Not a good idea. She got food coloring on her sweater and it won't come out. Whoops! Lesson learned.

1 comment:

Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Next time, just use plain shaving cream. That's how we "cleaned" our desks at the end of the school year in my class.

Another fun activity involving food coloring...
Pour a little milk on a plate (enough to cover most of it.)
Put a couple drops of food coloring on the milk.
Dip a toothpick into dish soap and touch the surface of the milk.
Watch what happens.
It's very fun and Taeya's done it a few times. She's always stayed pretty clean.