Saturday, July 07, 2007

Family Camp at Hartstone

Family Camp this year was so much fun. I enjoyed spending time with Bekah and Chris as well as friends new and old. We had a great speaker and were challenged to be people of prayer. Most days were really hot and so we spent time playing Catan and relaxing outside in the shade and talking.

































Hartstone has lots of dirt and our feet got filthy very quickly. Christine, Stephanie, Laurie and myself all decided to stay in the coolness of the lodge and make our feet pretty while everyone else went to the river. After soaking our feet and cleaning them we painted our toes. We had lots of fun and ended up with nice feet.


Bekah was dirty and hot so she got to wash her feet too.



Aaron W. loved playing with Bekah. He said he wouldn't babysit until she was potty trained though b/c he doesn't do diapers.


We put Bekah to bed at the camp and had the Oggs watch her. Then we drove to the Raley's parking lot to watch the fireworks. Unfortunately there was a light between us and the fireworks. This was the view we had. We tried to block the light but it was difficult. Oh well, at least they were free and the fellowship was good.































7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had so much fun at Hartstone. I can't wait to hear all about it. I loved all the pictures.

Stephanie said...

It was a super fun time - we enjoyed it too and loved getting to visit more with you and Chris - great pictures - can't wait to see all your pics sometime :) Lets get together soon :) Hope Bekah is feeling better :)

Rebekah said...

It looks like you had a great time! We used to go to family camp every summer when we lived in OH. Seeing your pictures brought back interesting memories!

Thanks for the feedback on the highchair. I have seen several new ones at Target and old ones at our Salvation Army store, but my mom told me I was crazy to even think about a wooden high chair. I think they look great, and we don't have much space at all in our kitchen for a big highchair to fit.

Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Love the pics. There were some adorable ones in there. Wish I could have gone with you!

Stephanie said...

By the way - the toe pic is probably one of my favs :)

Becca Sports said...

I love all the pictures! It makes me miss family camps and all the fun that CA offers. Beckah is getting so big and she is so adorable. Thank you for the updates!

Rebekah said...

I'd like to talk to you--when is a good time to call?