Saturday, June 11, 2016

Raised Bed Garden



My doggy runs around my back yard and has ruined all my grass.   And he jumps at the fence and hangs on it to see my neighbors.  They probably don't appreciate that too much.  So I decided to build a raised bed garden to protect my fence and cover up the dead grass.  I found a good plan on pinterest at  Blueberry Hill Blog.  I built it in about 3-4 hours with my husband helping a bit when I ran out of time.  It was a simple build and I love how it turned out.  It cost me $150 in materials and I used pressure treated wood.  And another $150 for the soil.







I planted strawberries, peas, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, radishes, a squash, watermelons, flowers and two pumpkins.  I think it was a bit too much in there, but I had no where else to plant them.  After just a few weeks my garden has grown a ton.  I've never had a garden before and it is fun to see it grow.


Lettuce


Peas


Marigolds-I always planted these as a child and the smell brings back memories of my childhood.


My first little, baby pumpkin!


Tomatoes


And I have two lemon trees that have baby lemons on them.  It is so fun to see my food grow!!




1 comment:

Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Beautiful! Great job putting in a garden!! I'm excited to show you mine when I come out! Yours is beautiful!! Love the style of it!